Purchase safely online
For safe online purchasing, as well as the general precautionary rules:
- Never store your bank card number in your computer or send confidential information in an ordinary e-mail
- Check the security of the site with the padlock appearing at the bottom of the screen, the HTTPS that precedes the Internet address of the site in the browser, and the routing towards the bank’s site during payment
- Be vigilant concerning "phishing" attempts by often badly-spelled e-mails asking you to supply sensitive data (see image below).
- Contact the merchant if necessary or in case of doubt
- Carefully check your bank statements and report any anomalies to your bank
- Carefully choose your merchant by checking their details (address, telephone number, contact with customer services) and read the general sales conditions.
"PHISHING" E-MAIL EXAMPLE