CB and innovation
In more than 25 years of existence, the CB bank card has established itself as the preferred payment method of the French.
It accompanies economic and behavioural trends and constantly adapts itself:
- To technological developments: new media, networks, standards, environments, etc.,
- To the requirements of merchants and consumers: the service must be simpler, quicker, more user-friendly, more personalised, and obviously even less expensive,
- To changes in customer behaviour, whatever the purchasing environment: physical trade, automated systems, fixed or mobile Internet or cross-media,
- To the ingenuity of fraudsters, the principle being to constantly stay ahead of them,
- To legal and regulatory requirements: Directive on Payment Services, SEPA, European Commission, European Central Bank, etc.
The basis of the CB bank card is to be universal and interoperable. All innovations must therefore preserve its intrinsic qualities, so development is only possible in a shared manner. This is why CB is positioning itself at the crossroads of all important projects and cooperates with all stakeholders in e-cash: bank players and also manufacturers, institutions, the scientific community and many others.